In Between Dreams

My personal experiences with the phenomenon known as lucid dreaming.

Recalling

Published by Damian under on Saturday, November 01, 2008
It's amazing how dreams work, really. Take last night for example. I woke up at different times throughout the night like I always do, but I didn't remember anything. Then when I woke up the final time I was a little sad because I hadn't remembered anything... until I thought about it. As I laid there thinking about what I was just dreaming, a flood of abstract thoughts came back, as well as a rather lengthy sequence about an auditorium with a volleyball game and a guy giving pamphlets out every half an hour about getting tattoos on your way to New Mexico.

The most difficult thing about realizing you are in a dream as I have experienced thus far is the step that inclines you to check in your dream if it is a dream. I am aware of reality check methods and feel comfortable doing them, but being prompted or even inclined to actually do them is rather difficult. I can't say I've had any positive results with that method, although I have had a few dreams in my life where I knew I was in a dream. At that point, I hadn't realized the potential of what could have been done in that state. I guess that's why there are studies on them, yeah?

Well, I'll keep you posted with any results.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Followers